Be careful with ASCII issue when working with text

Today I encountered a weird bug, which I later found out relating to ASCII characters.

The story is, when I compare 2 exact same string , the result is always false, but by naked eyes, there are no difference between them @@

Accidentally, I copied and paste those string to the browser console and found out they contain weird red character, so that’s the reason why the 2-string-compare function returns false

Strings displayed in VScode:

String actually displayed in the browser console:

I went to https://pteo.paranoiaworks.mobi/diacriticsremover/ to remove redundant characters and everything back to normal.

Small bug, but it costs me tons of time and makes me question my mental ability haha

jelly, web developer, based in Saigon